3/1/2022 Joseph Project/Poland Ukraine Border War Report 1
Summary of Situation and Joseph Project’s Opportunity to Aid Our People in this Dark Hour
Russia’s War on Ukraine
- Russia is making full scale war on the Ukraine.
- Ukrainian Jews are fighting against Russia on behalf of Ukraine.
- All able bodied Jewish men have been conscripted to fight with the Ukrainian army against Russia.
- Unknown thousands of Ukrainian Jews are crossing the Polish/Ukrainian border in sub-zero weather.
- Most arrive without their husbands or fathers.
- Israel has condemned Russia for the invasion.
- Russia has endorsed a Syrian invasion of the Golan Heights in retaliation.
- Israel has a “secret” plan to get Jews out to Israel.
- Over 200,000 Jews qualified to leave.
- Israel expects 10,000 Jewish refugees to come very soon.
- Israel has sent over $3 million to the Jewish Agency presumably to help prepare and get Ukrainian Jews out to Israel.
- Planeloads of Ukrainian Jews are beginning to arrive in Israel.
What is the Joseph Project Doing on Polish/Ukrainian Border
- Our staff, vehicles, humanitarian aid have been staged in a small warehouse near the Poland Ukraine border.
- They are working around the clock in sub-zero weather to transport arriving refugees to shelters where they are given beds, clothing and food.
- Refugees arrive with just the clothes on their backs.
- Our team is assisting in every way possible to facilitate those Jewish refugees that want to emigrate to Israel.
- It is unclear at this moment how this is working but the Jewish Agency is getting them to a transit city/airports where they are flown to Israel.
How the Joseph Project is Serving this Crisis in Israel
- From our JP Israel Executive Director, Sammy Salway: “Our staff is in direct contact with the Aliyah and Integration Minister’s staff and the Commissioner on behalf of the Jewish Agency, They will complete a situation assessment and present the needs to the aid agencies, including us of course.”
- The Joseph Project has now been officially designated by the Israeli government as a part of the Israel Ukrainian Emergency Team.
- The Joseph Project is amassing resources and assembling aid packages for arriving immigrants.
- Corporations in Israel are giving us excess inventory.
- Many 40 foot containers containing hundreds of thousands of dollars in aid are being shipped immediately to the Joseph Project in Israel from our aid partners around the world.
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord. Proberbs 19:17a