- 1 fresh turkey (or chicken) – Ask to have it cut in half.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Softened Butter
- Herbamare or salt
- Spice Hunter Savory Blend Pepper
- Spice Hunter Tarragon
- Spice Hunter Rosemary
- Spice Hunter Thyme
- Spice Hunter Granulated Garlic
- II Classico Di California Garlic Chablis or White Pepper Chablis
Rub olive oil or butter and herbs both inside and outside the turkey, sprinkling extra seasoning in the roasting pan to flavor the juices. Place turkey flat, skin side up in large roasting pan (you may need 2 pans for a very large bird). Pour in enough wine to cover the bottom of the pan about ¼ inch deep. Cover tightly either with foil or the lid of the roasting pan and roast at 350o until bird is tender. If desired, remove the cover and brown the skin briefly under your broiler (for a glaze, brush the skin with a little honey before broiling).
The turkey can be made a day ahead. When cold, fat can be skimmed from the pan juices and the turkey can be sliced more easily.